Jalco Eagle Strap Snow Guard
Jalco Eagle Strap Snow Guards are available in aluminum or bronze, for slate and asphalt shingle roofs. Heavy strap with three mounting holes. 9.5" long overall, 5 5/8" wing span width, 4.5" high.
Aluminum snow guards can be painted in almost any color upon request for an additional charge of $2.00 per snow guard. See color chart below or view online (polyester). Two week lead time for powder coated snow guards.
Jalco Snow Guards are designed to prevent snow slides. After years of installing slate roofs with steel snow guards - resulting in rust trails going down the roofs, John Kleckner designed aluminum snow guards to eliminate this unsightly problem. In 1958 he came out with what was arguably the first aluminum snow guard. Jalco aluminum snow guard castings are made with at least 50% recycled aluminum.
Aluminum Mill Finish - $6.95
Aluminum Painted - $8.95
Bronze - $26.90
If you want to paint your own Jalco snow guards:
1) Clean with paint thinner to get the dirt off.
2) Prime with a self-etching aluminum primer available at automotive supply stores.
3) Use a Rustoleum type paint.
4) Dip the snow guards in the paint and let the excess run off.
5) Alternatively, use spray paint.