Jalco Eagle Strap Snowguard
Aluminum or bronze, select below. For slate and asphalt shingle roofs. Heavy strap with three mounting holes. 9.5 inches long overall, 5 5/8 inch wing span width, 4.5 inches high.
Jalco aluminum snowguards can be painted in almost any color upon request for an additional charge of $2.00 per snowguard. See color chart below or view online (polyester). Two week lead time for powder coated snowguards.
Jalco Snowguards are designed to prevent snow slides. After years of installing slate roofs with steel snowguards - resulting in rust trails going down the roofs, John Kleckner designed aluminum snowguards to eliminate this unsightly problem. In 1958 he came out with what was arguably the first aluminum snowguard. Jalco aluminum snowguard castings are made with at least 50% recycled aluminum.
If you want to paint your own Jalco snowguards:
1) Clean with paint thinner to get the dirt off.
2) Prime with a self-etching aluminum primer available at automotive supply stores.
3) Use a Rustoleum type paint.
4) Dip the snowguards in the paint and let the excess run off.
5) Alternatively, use spray paint.