American Beauty Model 3178, 300 Watt
* WATTAGE: 300 Watts
* REPLACEMENT HEATING ELEMENT NUMBER: 9277
* MAXIMUM TIP TEMPERATURE (F): 1000°F
* MAXIMUM TIP TEMPERATURE (C): 538°C
* OVERALL LENGTH: 14 3/8 inches (36.5cm)
* TIP SHANK DIAMETER: 7/8 inch (22.2mm)
* TIP LENGTH: 5 5/32 inches (13.1cm)
* PRODUCT WEIGHT: 37 ounces (1.05 kg)
* SHIPPING WEIGHT: 4 pounds (1.81 kg)
* COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: US
Our most popular electric soldering iron. The American Beauty Model 3178 300-Watt Soldering Iron is an industrial-duty iron especially designed for sheet metal applications and provides a 1,000°F maximum tip temperature to assure an even solder flow. Featuring a pre-tinned tip that seats inside the heating element, consisting of a compression-wound resistive wire around a steel spool, this soldering iron is built for optimum heat transfer and has a rugged stainless steel case.
Equipped with a hardwood handle for a sure grip and a heat shield for safety, this iron eliminates the need for propane, acetylene, or natural gas, and stays hot without open flames. Comes with a standard chisel style Paragon soldering tip.
These irons are ideal for indoor shop work, or outdoor work when it's not too cold. They are not suited for cold weather outdoor use.